SEDONA STUMBLE 5k & 10k TRAIL RUN
The Sedona Stumble 5k & 10k Trail Run
Presented by Sedona Running Company
In cooperation with the City of Sedona Parks & Recreation Department
Saturday 23 March 2019 @ 9:30am
*** 25+ Food Trucks***
*** Beer Garden***
SEDONA HAS COME OUT OF THE DARK AGES!!!
There will be in-person registration available on Thursday 21 March and Friday 22 March from 10am until 5pm at Sedona Running Company
There will also be day-of-race registration available from 8:30am until 9:20am at the start/finish line (registration may be sold out by then, so don't dilly-dally!)
The start and finish will be at Posse Grounds Park in Sedona, AZ. There is ample parking in the lot across from the skate park and that building that keeps changing purposes based on who gets elected to city council.
5k - $25 if registered before 2 March 2019; $35 if registered between 2 March 2019 and Race Day
10k - $35 if registered before 2 March 2019; $45 if registered between 2 March 2019 and Race Day
The course will begin on the paved roads of Posse Grounds Park. This will allow the crowd to thin so that the trails don't get too crowded. The course then hits the dirt trails of Posse Grounds Park. Expect to run on steep, loose and narrow single-track trails. The 5k will complete 1 loop and the 10k will complete 2 loops.
COURSE ELEVATION PROFILE:
The race will be expertly timed and scored by Run Flagstaff (a Flagstaff, AZ based company) using RFID chip technology.
Friday 22 March 2019
10am – 5pm: registration and packet pick-up at Sedona Running Company (in the Bashas Shopping Center)
Saturday 23 March 2019
8:30am – 9:20am: packet pick-up at Posse Grounds Park
9:30am – 11am: race
10:30am – 10:45am: awards ceremony
11:00am - the neighbors call the cops: Beer Garden, Food Trucks, Live Bands!!
STUFF YOU GET
In lieu of t-shirts we will be giving out something that will give your life meaning and direction...like a custom logo water bottle and some advice on dating. Medals will be given to all finishers. CPR will be given to anyone who passes out before the final hill at the finish line.
AID AND FOOD
There will be water stops evenly spaced along the course. There will be a beer garden and food trucks after the race.
Top 3 Males (5k)
Top 3 Females (5k)
Top 3 Males (10k)
Top 3 Females (10k)
1. You are required to laugh at all of Adam's (the Race Director) jokes throughout the entire day. He has a fragile ego and no one wants to see him cry.
2. Be EXTRA nice to the volunteers...they are waking up at 4am to ensure that your race goes smoothly.
3. Runners are only eligible for a single prize.
4. Due to the upfront costs associated with the race there will be no refunds given for registration.
5. Due to the nature of the terrain, dogs and strollers are not permitted on the course.
6. Since most of the course is technical, single-track trail please keep music levels in your headphones to a reasonable level so as to maintain a safe environmental awareness (tl;dr - people may want to pass you on the trail).
Final results (are there any other kind of results?) can be found here after the completion of the event.